As we round up on sharing the nuggets from the Unleash the Giants Seminar themed “Thinking Beyond the Now”, we will look at the session led by Mr Owen Arasomwan titled “Strategic Thinking for Personal & Business Growth.”
He started with a quote from James Cash Penny which says “Growth is never by mere chance; it is the result of forces working together.” He stressed the fact that growth requires deliberate and conscious efforts.
According to him, business growth takes time, focus and vision. Three major factors influencing growth are Strategy, Entrepreneur and Firm.
“Business can never grow beyond the entrepreneur’s vision, the firm organization and the strategies employed.” – Owen Arasomwan.
Linking this to personal growth, he said ‘your vision, goals and mission determine who you become…’
Clarify your vision by;
– Thinking Big: believe in yourself, people and God.
– Thinking Entrepreneurially: develop capacity to manage change, ability to handle risk and capacity for continuous learning.
– Thinking Globally: adopt global standards to your business.
– Thinking Investment: have an investment mentality. Don’t play for the short term.
– Thinking Execution: knowing without doing is a waste of time and mental energy. Action speaks louder than words always.
So that brings us to the end of this series.
Thanks to the Guest Speakers, Honourable Olajide Olatunbosun, Mr Kelvin Otung and Mr Owen Arasomwan. And to my followers and readers who have been following this series, thank you and hope to see you at the next seminar in September.
Good morning and have a great week.